Reports to VP, Product Manager
Looking for a candidate with sincere interest in working within/learning the financial services industry. This person will have the capability to learn new systems quickly, be familiar with database structures, and have a passion for actively listening and solving problems for our clients both technical and non-technical in nature. You must be detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive with the ability to stay focused under tight timelines to deliver incremental improvements while understanding the big picture.
The Business Analyst is responsible for partnering with the product management, business development, and implementation services staff to understand the operational and procedural needs of the financial services market or a financial institution. The Business Analyst will review, evaluate, and document user requirements and work with the product team to document a solution. The ideal candidate will have the ability to capture requirements in clear and concise manner. Knowledge of lending, deposit, or general financial services experience a plus.
The Behaviors That You Bring:
- Integrity – Your customer-centric attitude and commitment to doing what is right for our clients and internal team members.
- Expertise – You are a team player and continuous learner. You share your knowledge with the team, embrace new learning opportunities, and search for ways to improve our operations.
- Empowerment – You demonstrate organizational skills, the ability to manage priorities, deadlines, and troubleshoot issues independently.
- Excellence – Your detail-oriented approach leads to quality processing results and your communication skills allow you to communicate effectively with internal team members.
- Innovation – You learn quickly, collaborate with others, and share your ideas for improving our service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The type of activities expected to be performed at this level include, but are not limited to:
- Be the face of the IT team for assigned areas of the business, and understand user needs and issues
- Partner with users to understand and gather all the necessary business specifications and requirements
- Document workflows and results of business analysis into business requirements
- Assist the Development team in translating business requirements into application functionality
- Design and execute test plans to ensure that business requirements and functional specifications are implemented properly
- Train users on applications and create user documentation
- Troubleshoot issues and bugs
- Proactively anticipate user needs and application enhancements
- Request and implement system enhancements
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
- Travel limited at approximately 10%
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, finance, business administration or equivalent related work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Expert knowledge of all MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with a fine attention to detail
- Effective personal organization and time management skills
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and/or senior leadership
- Experience working autonomously and driving projects to completion
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Visual Basic, XML, HTML, MS SQL Server, Crystal Reports or another coding language