The Human Resources Generalist (HR Generalist) maintains and manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office. The HR Generalist manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs, in addition to ensuring that all administrative matters are handled for the smooth operation of the overall department. The HR Generalist will work in close coordination with the Director of Accounting to oversee and administer payroll and benefits. Will serve as a point of contact for employees who have questions regarding HR administered programs within the company. The HR Generalist will also be responsible for ensuring workflows are adhered to for onboarding and offboarding employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The type of activities expected to be performed at this level include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Conduct employee onboarding and help plan training + development
- Provide support to employees in various HR related topics such as leaves,compensation, etc. and resolve any issues that may come up
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and engaging workplace
- Drive the development and implementation of important human resource policies
- Initiate and drive team activities and events
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics
- Maintain employee files and records
- Be the first point of contact for employees and handle employee relations
- Coordinate with management on developing a performance management program and manage rollout and company communications.
- Working knowledge or demonstrated ability to handle multi-state compliance for employee and HR related matters.
- Must have 5-8 years experience establishing HR programs and advising on the establishment of programs.
- Must have at least 3-4 years experience in preparing management reports and regulatory reports.
- Must have 7-8 years experience working with HR and benefits vendors, assessing plan options and clearly communicating requirements to company executives and employees.
- Experience working with a distributed workforce is highly recommended.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Certified in SHRM, PHR, HRM, CHRP or other HR certificate preferred
- 5-8 years experience required in a similar HR function with gradually increasing responsibilities.
- Familiarity with ADP HR suite of tools or other similar systems, setup and administration is required.
- Demonstrated skills as a proficient user of systems, spreadsheet programs, and database programs. Strong Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills is a must.
- Must have the proven ability to work well independently, showing initiative, self-motivation, and originality.
- Must have the ability to work well with changing priorities and time guidelines.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal independently with all levels of management.
- Must have proven experience exercising the highest standards of accuracy and precision and be highly organized.
- Proven experience as HR Generalist.
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws.
- Previous knowledge of HRIS systems and other HR tools is a plus.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Empathetic and passionate. You are above all a people person!
- Aptitude in problem-solving and creative thinking.
- Desire to work as a team and results-driven.
- BSc/BA in Business administration or relevant field is a nice to have.
- Additional HR training would be an asset